Feeding your dogs people food as treats can be tempting, especially when they look at you with those big eyes. Dog’s can also get into all sorts of things when we let them outside.
There are some food and plans that may seem harmless to humans, but are in fact toxic when given to your dog. Some things can simply make them ill. Others can be fatal if ingested.
Keep an eye out for toxic food and plants that can do real harm to your dog.
1. Aloe Vera
image source: aloeveramallorca.es
Aloe plants are used by humans to heal minor burns or scrapes, and it can seem logical to apply the same type of mixture to your dog if they’re hurt. But Aloe Vera, and by extension Aloe plants, are toxic to your pet.
The actual plant itself is toxic when ingested by your dog. If eaten, it can cause your dog to vomit, as well as lead to diarrhea and lethargy. If your dog gets a chance to chew on an Aloe plant, or gets into the Aloe Vera, make sure they get to a vet right away.
It’s best to keep both of these things out of reach of your pooch at all times.